Friday, August 22, 2008

Human Might

The wind blowing at my face,
I want to see, yet I can't;

Beautiful flowers, colourful birds,
Beauty of the woods, lush green trees.
Yellow sun, clear blue sky,
Bardwisikhla marching in March.

Calmness of the breeze,
Sound of the pouring rain;
An old house beside the tree,
Butterflies in the garden.

The wind blowing at my face,
And I don't want, yet see;

Concrete jungle, dark clouds,
Smog on the roads, dust in the trees;
Murder in the skies,
Open dustbin and flies.

Clear day, rainy night,
Hunger and food fight;
Jam-packed roads, beggars on the street,
Use and abuse of Human Might!

By Jeshal (Gunajit Brahma)

4 comments:

Geeta Arya said...

"Hunger and food fight" Very true! Beautiful and we each one of us identify with this. Great work!

Anonymous said...

Bardwisikhla - was chatting with Gunajit about this term. This pre-monsoon phenomenon is very endemic to India. Well...the words used are very real and the lines instantly connects to the reader. Nice to read Gunajit!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Thank You Geeta for the kind words. I am delighted to know that the poem served a purpose.

And Debanjan, thanks for informing me about the Endemic phenomenon of Bardwisikhla. I didn't knew about it earlier!