Thursday, October 25, 2007

I want……(Blogs for product feedback)

Blogs are best used by corporates to either get early product feedback, or to track chatter on their products/ services. This use of blogs as proxy for market research has really tickled the fancy of the corporate world.
EmPower Research specializes in different levels and kinds of analysis of blogs and other forms of new media.
I thought this was a good opportunity to actually use our corporate blog for feedback for various companies on their products and services. I would request my colleagues at EmPower to also input their thoughts here.
To kick start, I will put in my contributions :
a)One thing that I really want is a “track changes” functionality on Microsoft Powerpoint (just like word)…any time I see feedback on a deck (often in the proverbial editor’s blue ink) by my colleagues, I think about how easy it would be to just “track changes”. Hey, are you listening, Mr. Gates?
b)Another one that I really need is a tab on the soda and beer cans that do not break while opening the can! (I have often had to resort to a sharp instrument to then poke it open!)How about it, Mr. Mallya?
Well, that’s it for now. Will post more later.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another long felt need for me has been a wiper for glasses! This is primarily for two wheeler riders in the rain.
I think Elton John actually has these on his specs, and ofcourse Harry Potter got Hermione to do an impervious charm on his specs when he was seeking the snitch in driving rain!

Anonymous said...

So I dont know who thought of it, but I think the idea of making the USB port in a CPU sit on the front panel rather than the rear panel, was brilliant! I still remember the days when one had to huff and puff and bend in all kinds of convoluted positions merely to insert the USB key in the port, which resided in unreachable positions on the back panel..great thinking!

Anonymous said...

While Gates is yet to revert on the Track Change thingie, the King of good times Vijay Mallya has done it in style in double quick time on the hard liquor packaging, if not on the beer. His McDowell brands for smaller quantities now appear in tetrapack, instead of the usual bottles. He seems to have hit two birds with one stone.

1. He has done away with recycling of the used bottles.

2. He has retained the cost, while at the same time the tetrapacks are environment friendly and easily disposable.

Beer lovers will have wait for some more time for the tetrapack.

Hic! Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Another idea for microsoft:
100% stacked bar charts should automatically have the option of the figures appearing in values or percentages (just like in pie charts)